Summer is coming to an end and we believe this is reason to celebrate, especially living in Texas. Goodbye triple digits! I am seriously ready for fall. The season change is also a great opportunity to refresh your wardrobe and transition your style to prepare for the cooler months ahead.
Since I tend to get overwhelmed when it comes to fashion and styling outfits, I’ve put a lot of thought into how I’m going to revamp my attire this fall. I’ve adopted a semi-minimalist approach to reviving my wardrobe lately. Shopping quality basics to allow myself an easy way to look and feel good, but not have to spend hours searching through my closet and steer clear of clutter.
Before I began my wardrobe haul, I invested some time to do a major summer clean out. If I hadn’t worn an item in 1-2 years or it was something that was constantly in my “just thrown on the floor” laundry rotation, it had to go. I try to do this twice a year.
Next, I scoured fashion bloggers for upcoming trends and focused on what they re-wore in the majority of their posts. These are the quality pieces I’m talking about and looking for. Timeless pieces, like a good pair of denim jeans, that will last for years to come and can be worn through all seasons. I’ve linked a couple of my favorites below:
- Madewell - High Rise Skinny
The real fun comes, however, when you find those PERFECTon trend, seasonal pieces. The standout earrings, sunglasses or cardigan. Those fun items that really bring the entire outfit full circle.
I have had my eye on some great items perfect for a seamless transition into fall and are sure to carry me through the chilly weather:
Leopard print, cheetah print, and snake skin.
- It’s coming back and while animal print tends to be outside of my comfort zone, I have fallen completely in love with these leopard print mules at Nordstrom. Whether they are dressed down with leggings and a slouchy tee, or dressed up with jeans and a cute blazer, these shoes are sure to jazz up any outfit.
In Texas, the days that you need an actual heavy coat are slim. While I believe you always need a good, winter coat (just in case), the truth is I don’t wear one often and can typically get away with a long sleeve shirt with a light jacket or cardigan to stay warm.
- I have found a handful of jackets that I’m loving. It’s going to be difficult to narrow down, because it’s Texas and having six jackets doesn’t fall in line with my new minimalist approach. This distressed denim jacket from Nasty Gal is on my wish list. Zara also has several jackets I can’t wait to try on, including this hooded number and this millennial pink, belted denim jacket.
I’m also in the market for a “leather” or biker style jacket.
- A faux leather jacket can be styled so many ways and is a fun way to add some edge to your outfit. Most retailers I’ve come across only offer a red, black, or brown biker style jacket, so it was refreshing to see this gorgeous gray color at Goodnight Macaroon. I came across Goodnight Macaroon via Instagram and I’m so glad I did.
- While I have a collection of yoga pants, I really need to incorporate some leisure onlyathletic gear this fall. My saving grace on the days when I want to look cute but need the comfort of sweat pants. These leggings from Nordstrom are on the top of my list. Athleisure is so versatile, works well through all seasons, and is comfortable. The most important reason of all.
Last but not least, no fall wardrobe is complete without a pair of booties.
- I’m seeing so many statement booties and I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t praying for cooler weather to give this trend a try. These Vince Camuto’s offers some simple detailing and it’s that moto-inspired lacing that makes the entire shoe. Here is a similar style I found at DSW that is a more affordable option. Both retailers offer several color choices.
What fall trends are you most excited for?